I had lost my binding mojo with this broken stripe nine patch quilt . It has been by my chair in the living room for almost 2 months waiting for me to finish binding it. Strangely I don’t mind hand binding once I’ve got going doing it. My problem is I find myself reluctant to pick it up and start working on it. And, I’ve become really good with that on this project. Finally, this last week I picked the project up and worked on it during some teleconference calls. You know those calls where you listen more than participate. Those calls are great to do binding. I then sat for an hour or so on Thursday and had some nice quiet sewing time while I finished the last little bit. It’s nice to call this one done.
We tried taking a picture of it on the back deck but it was so windy the quilt didn’t want to stay still. We did manage to get this shot of the backing material which is a nice soft cuddly flannel.
This broken stripe nine patch quilt is destined for charity, probably the nursing home once things settle down, or should I say life gets more active! If it ever gets more active.