I’m happy, I finished binding my churn dash quilt yesterday!
I love how funky it looks. That background fabric really makes it. I really wish I hadn’t run out of that material but at least I had just enough of it to make some sashing to avoid having to deal with points matching and seams nesting. The scrappy binding was done out of necessity rather than as a design feature even though it just adds to fun look!
My initial plan was to donate this quilt but it’s not going anywhere but on my chair in the living room. I’m liking it too much to give it away.
- 12 inch finished churn dash blocks, press to centre
- 1.5 inch cut sashing, cut 12.5 inches long
- 1.5 inch square cut cornerstones for the sashing – considered doing multicoloured the same colours as in the blocks not sure why I didn’t do that, probably would have looked good
- No sashing surrounding the outside of the blocks only because there was insufficient background material
- scrappy binding, no piece longer than 1/2 WOF