Things are progressing, slowly and surely, on my Calico Rose quilt.
Thanks to Queen Victoria we had a long weekend this past weekend. She may have died in 1901 but we still celebrate her birthday the best way possible with a day off of work. With the extra day I was both able to relax and get a bit more sewing done than on a regular weekend.
Twenty five sixteen patches got sewn together this past weekend, which is exactly how many I need for the large version of the Calico Rose Quilt. All but one sixteen patch having no duplicate fabrics. One sixteen patch had one fabric repeated – the horror! I decided that real randomness doesn’t mean perfectly scrappy and left the offending square alone. I will admit there is still a voice inside me saying “fix” it and make it truly random with no square repeating even though I know true random doesn’t work like that.
All the ones cut are marked with a diagonal line which I will be sewing 1/4 inch from on both sides of said line.There will also be approximately 100 black squares to be cut, but that’s another day’s job.
Let’s not even talk about the black squares that need to be cut.
I’ve also started working on the 9 patches needed for this quilt. I enjoy sewing those. But there is this pile that require me to do some ironing.
So as you see the quilt making is progressing along.