We’ve made it to June and now is the time for me to recap what I’ve accomplished so far this year and set my goals for June.
At the end of May I had completed 11 UFO’s and 4 2020 starts.
Here are my June finishes:
Of the 8 finishes above 2 are UFO’s (started last year or earlier) and 6 are current year starts. I also made a few headbands and a small bag but haven’t taken pictuers of those nor am I counting them in my totals.
So at the end of June I’m at 23 projects finished this year (13 UFO’s and 10 new starts). Still I have 11 other projects that were started this year! I’d like to go into 2021 with less UFO’s than last year so I have to say vigilant
Reviewing my goals for June
- Finish the Take 4 place mats – not done can’t find a backing for them I like.
- Find backing for, layer and quilt and bind a larger UFO (larger means larger than WOF in width) or a new start. If I can’t find studio time I’ll do it at home. – Done!
- Finish the purple table runner – Done!
- Complete one more border on the medallion quilt. – Not even looked at.
- Finish one smaller quilt – Done! (actually more than 1 done)
For July here are my goals
- Finish one smaller quilt
- Make backing for 2 larger than WOF quilts
- Layer and finish at least one larger than WOF quilt.
- Complete one more border on the medallion quilt.
- Fix the Alletaire top center and add borders.
Let’s see how I do in July.
Here is my up-to-date list of UFO’s. Ones with an asterisk were started in 2019.
- Alletaire – A Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – Blocks need fixing and top needs to be finished
Marc’s Gradient Quilt in 3 colours – needs fixing then borders – ABANDONED – WILL RESTART OR DO ANOTHER
- Blue 16 patch and Happy Block Quilt – top completed*
- Happy to be Square – completed May 5, 2020 *
- Happy all Day Long – completed May 20, 2020*
- Colour Blocks (“H” Blocks) complete May 14, 2020 *
- Light Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – completed and donated to guild *
- Dark Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – Completed April 2020 *
- Blue and Green “Fourth of July Quilt” – Completed May 30, 2020 *
- Blue & Orange “Fourth of July Quilt” – top centre made
- Big and Little patch quilt – completed March 13, 2020*
- Broken stripe 9 patch quilt – Completed April 8, 2020*
- Too nice to cut lap quilt – top completed
- Chain Link Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Retreat Grey & Colourful Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Stars in the Darkening Sky Done *
- Arizona Crossroads – top complete, backing obtained but used on another quilt.
- Rainbow Swirl Quilt – top finished, backing obtained
- Purple & Green Galaxy Star – top complete, backing obtained
- Grand Illusion Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – borders need to be added
- Purple table Runner – completed June 22, 2020
- Peaky and spiky quilt – in progress
- Irish Star Quilt – borders, make bigger?
- Quilt top (not made by me) found at VV – needs backing (consider giving top to guild)
- Whirlygig – top completed? Borders to be added?
- Medallion Quilt for Guild Project – in progress *
- Black & Brights Livejournal block swap, blocks completed
- Scrappy Bonnie Hunter Starstruck Quilt – in top centre together *
- Shannan’s Poly cotton Quilt – top made. plus bonus squares for a second quilt (sigh)
- Cross and Chains – top completed, back to be made have material
- Burgundy Star Quilt found at at VV (replace batting & quilt) *
- Posies, in progress *
- Bonnie Hunter Frolic Mystery Quilt, in progress *
- Rainbow scrappy trip around the world quilt, Completed May 23, 2o2o*
- “H” blocks need to figure out layout and how many more to make. *
- Idaho Square Dance Baby Quilt – Completed March 13, 2020 *
- Started Happy Block Quilt – completed June 20, 2020*
- patches quilt top found ages ago – consider giving to guild for outreach.
39. Easy Street(butterflies) – quilt top
40. Suite (aliens) – quilt top
41. Retro Star quilt – completed May 2020
42. Feature your fabric – needs borders.
43. butterflies and four patches – Completed June 2, 2020.
44. Syd’s quilt (blue and grey) – finished and gifted
45. Baby quilt top from Anne with an E auction lot.
46. Scrapbuster quilt in yucky colours.
47. 9″ churn dash blocks.
48. Steps Quilt – Completed June 6, 2020
49. Gathering Quilt – top made (courtesy of Covid19 stress sewing)
51. Hundred Hugs in Blue & Green – Completed June 29, 2020
51. Smooches Quilt (Hearts) – top complete
52. Zipper quilt -white – quilted April 2020 Completed June 1, 2020
53. Zipper quilt – black – Quilted May 2020
54. Diamond Brights – Completed June 21, 2020.
55. Pean Lap quilt.
56. Charcoal and multi place mats and mug rugs Completed May 30, 2020
57. Take 4 placemats
58. 2 drawstring bags Completed May 23, 2020
59. Insanity Quilt Completed June 29, 2020