May has started and it’s time to update my UFO and new projects list.
I’m up to 7 UFO’s done and 1 quilt completed that was started this year.
May’s goal is:
- Bind and complete two small quilts
- Sew the individual Frolic blocks (this one might be tough, they are slow going and finicky)
- Put borders on the orange and blue quilt (Fourth of July)
- Quilt 1 small quilt.
Here is the one Frolic block that has been made:
I’m making good progress on my smaller quilts that are easy to quilt on my home sewing machine but as I don’t have access to rent studio time to use the long arm quilting machine my larger quilts have remained undone. When the world is back to normal I’ll be spending a few Saturday’s getting some of my larger quilts quilted so that they can get off of the list this year.
Here is my up-to-date list of UFO’s. Ones with an asterisk were started in 2019.
- Alletaire – A Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – Blocks need fixing and top needs to be finished
Marc’s Gradient Quilt in 3 colours – needs fixing then borders – ABANDONED – WILL RESTART OR DO ANOTHER
- Blue 16 patch and Happy Block Quilt – top completed*
- Happy to be Square – completed May 5, 2020 *
- Happy all Day Long – completed May 20, 2020*
- Colour Blocks (“H” Blocks) complete May 14, 2020 *
- Light Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – completed and donated to guild *
- Dark Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – Completed April 2020 *
- Blue and Green “Fourth of July Quilt” – top completed, binding cut *
- Blue & Orange “Fourth of July Quilt” – top centre made
- Big and Little patch quilt – completed March 13, 2020*
- Broken stripe 9 patch quilt – Completed April 8, 2020*
- Too nice to cut lap quilt – top completed
- Chain Link Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Retreat Grey & Colourful Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Stars in the Darkening Sky Done *
- Arizona Crossroads – top complete, backing obtained but used on another quilt.
- Rainbow Swirl Quilt – top finished, backing obtained
- Purple & Green Galaxy Star – top complete, backing obtained
- Grand Illusion Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – borders need to be added
- Purple table Runner – top complete
- Peaky and spiky quilt – in progress
- Irish Star Quilt – borders, make bigger?
- Quilt top (not made by me) found at VV – needs backing (consider giving top to guild)
- Whirlygig – top completed? Borders to be added?
- Medallion Quilt for Guild Project – in progress *
- Black & Brights Livejournal block swap, blocks completed
- Scrappy Bonnie Hunter Starstruck Quilt – in top centre together *
- Shannan’s Poly cotton Quilt – in progress
- Cross and Chains – top completed, back to be made
- Burgundy Star Quilt found at at VV (replace batting & quilt) *
- Posies, in progress *
- Bonnie Hunter Frolic Mystery Quilt, in progress *
- Rainbow scrappy trip around the world quilt, Completed May 23, 2o2o*
- “H” blocks need to figure out layout and how many more to make. *
- Idaho Square Dance Baby Quilt – Completed March 13, 2020 *
- Started Happy Block Quilt *
- patches quilt top found ages ago – consider giving to guild for outreach.
39. Easy Street(butterflies) – quilt top
40. Suite (aliens) – quilt top
41. Retro Star quilt – completed May 2020
42. Feature your fabric – needs borders.
43. butterflies and four patches – quilt top.
44. Syd’s quilt (blue and grey) – finished and gifted
45. Baby quilt top from Anne with an E auction lot.
46. Scrapbuster quilt in yucky colours.
47. 9″ churn dash blocks.
48. Steps Quilt – top made (courtesy of Covid19 stress sewing)
49. Gathering Quilt – top made (courtesy of Covid19 stress sewing)
50. Smooches Quilt (Hearts) – top complete
51. Zipper quilt -white – quilted April 2020
52. Zipper quilt – black – Quilted May 2020
53. Diamond Brights – top complete
54. Pean Lap quilt.