I got a wild hair to make some 4.5″ (unfinished) rail fence quilt blocks a week or two ago. Yes, using I.5″ strips. I never said I was sane! I sewed 4 of the 4.5″ inch blocks into a larger block.
Please ignore the threads on that block. I made about 30 of thse thinking they’d make a nice 40″ x 48″ quilt.
When I went to audition the quilt I soon knew that I wasn’t going that way! Here are two layouts I auditioned
I liked it but I wasn’t sold on it so I tried this too!
I liked that too and realised I had enough blocks to make these two quilt tops:
And this one:
In my unimaginative way I’m calling the first one “Bright and Busy” and the second one “Bright and Cheerful”.
They are being added to the mountain of flimsies I need to quilt. It may be while until I decide to make more rail fence blocks!