Strippie Quilt – Monsters

By | January 27, 2015

I needed a quick and easy project to do both to satisfy my creative side and to actually get some fabric used up. I wanted a simple quilt that worked with one of the many novelty fabrics that I’ve found over the years and something that didn’t take a lot of concentration or time.  This is the end result.

Strippie quilt monsters

The pattern is from a blog called Mary’s Quilts and is a lovely, well written pattern. It can be found here . It uses about a yard of the focus fabric and about half a yard of each of the other two fabrics making it the perfect pattern to use up some of my novelty fabrics.

This probably took about two to two to three hours make plus the time to select the fabrics. Selecting fabrics always takes a bit of time for me as I’m fussy. The main fabric is an Alexander Henry print from 1999 that I found at a local thrift store. It’s aged nicely and it is time that it be used. I’m not sure how long I’ve had it but I don’t remember picking it up recently.  I have about 2 more yards of it which should suffice for a backing plus binding.

Now to get to quilting and and then to binding it. I think this will be destined for Project Linus Canada.

4 thoughts on “Strippie Quilt – Monsters

  1. Lara B.

    That is a great way to show off a novelty fabric, as well as turn out a quick and cute quilt! Those monsters crack me up.

    Reply
  2. Bonnie

    That monster fabric is fabulous! The design really showcases the novelty print. The coordinating fabrics frame it nicely too. Good job!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *