I started making my steps blocks in March when COVID was rampant here. I needed something to keep myself busy that didn’t require too much thought and these blocks were perfect.
The first quilt I made from these can be seen here That quilt went together very nicely and was fun to finish.
The second quilt top I made from those blocks I called the Gathering Quilt.
I enjoyed making the quilt top.
I decided to quilt this one at home despite it being a bit bigger than I normally like to tackle on my home sewing machine. Seriously, I just couldn’t see spending the money to rent long arm studio time for this quilt given it was all made of scraps and not *that* large. In retrospect, I should have spent the money on the long arm rental. I would have saved myself much time and aggrevation going from a quilt top to a finished quilt. If it could go wrong it did. It was just that sort of project.
It does look pretty cute, however, when you look at it from a distance.
You can see some of the issues i had in the cross-hatching in the picture. However, it is what it is and it’s not being re-done. My seam ripper is on strike and I’m happy to call this done. I’m sure once I’m a bit more removed from the process I’ll be happier with this quilt.