Like so many of my projects I never got that far with it last year. So unsurprisingly it ended up on my UFO list this year. I got the top together at some point in the spring and I’d been wanting to finish it since then. I had ran out of the Northcott Colorworks Black that I started it with, and with COVID solid dark colours were hard to find at any of my local quilt stores. However, finally a few weeks ago the bolt of it I ordered came in and I was able to make the borders and binding required to finish it.
I used Hobbs wool batting and I love how it shows off the quilting. Still I still have a long way to go refining my free motion quilting skills. I had fun making the random loops. However I was less amused when my free motion foot broke. It was likely 20 years old or more and I bought it second hand when I bought my old sewing machine from friend. Luckily, I was able to do the last bit of quilting even with it broken.
The backing is a fun Alexander Henry print that I found as part of layered but not yet quilted quilt, at a local thrift store (for $15.99!!!). I didn’t like the backing with the quilt top it came with and thought it was perfect for Twinkling Stars, even if it is more than just a little wild.
The quilt has been claimed by hubby as he thinks it is the perfect size for him to snuggle up with on the couch. I’m calling it my Twinkling Stars Quilt.