We’ve made it to June and now is the time for me to recap what I’ve accomplished so far this year and set my goals for June.
At the beginning of May I had completed 7 UFO’s and 1 quilt completed that was started this year. Here are my finishes for May:
At the end of May I’ve completed 11 UFO’s and 4 2020 starts, though couple of the 2020 starts aren’t quilt sized. It was a good month. There will be at least one finish for June as I’m almost finished sewing down the binding.
Reviewing my May goals:
- Bind and complete two small quilts -Done
- Sew the individual Frolic blocks (this one might be tough, they are slow going and finicky) – progress made but not done
- Put borders on the orange and blue quilt (Fourth of July) – inner border on and looking for material to do an outer border. Nothing I have is quite right.
- Quilt 1 small quilt. -Done
After some thought I have to admit that while I love the look of the Frolic blocks the construction of them is causing me more angst than happiness. This UFO is going in time out for June. Quilting is supposed to be fun hobby and I’m just not feeling it as I put these blocks together.
My goals for June
- Finish the Take 4 place mats
- Find backing for, layer and quilt and bind a larger UFO (larger means larger than WOF in width) or a new start. If I can’t find studio time I’ll do it at home.
- Finish the purple table runner
- Complete one more border on the medallion quilt.
- Finish one smaller quilt
Here is my up-to-date list of UFO’s. Ones with an asterisk were started in 2019.
- Alletaire – A Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – Blocks need fixing and top needs to be finished
Marc’s Gradient Quilt in 3 colours – needs fixing then borders – ABANDONED – WILL RESTART OR DO ANOTHER
- Blue 16 patch and Happy Block Quilt – top completed*
- Happy to be Square – completed May 5, 2020 *
- Happy all Day Long – completed May 20, 2020*
- Colour Blocks (“H” Blocks) complete May 14, 2020 *
- Light Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – completed and donated to guild *
- Dark Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – Completed April 2020 *
- Blue and Green “Fourth of July Quilt” – Completed May 30, 2020 *
- Blue & Orange “Fourth of July Quilt” – top centre made
- Big and Little patch quilt – completed March 13, 2020*
- Broken stripe 9 patch quilt – Completed April 8, 2020*
- Too nice to cut lap quilt – top completed
- Chain Link Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Retreat Grey & Colourful Quilt – top completed, backing obtained *
- Stars in the Darkening Sky Done *
- Arizona Crossroads – top complete, backing obtained but used on another quilt.
- Rainbow Swirl Quilt – top finished, backing obtained
- Purple & Green Galaxy Star – top complete, backing obtained
- Grand Illusion Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – borders need to be added
- Purple table Runner – completed June 22, 2020
- Peaky and spiky quilt – in progress
- Irish Star Quilt – borders, make bigger?
- Quilt top (not made by me) found at VV – needs backing (consider giving top to guild)
- Whirlygig – top completed? Borders to be added?
- Medallion Quilt for Guild Project – in progress *
- Black & Brights Livejournal block swap, blocks completed
- Scrappy Bonnie Hunter Starstruck Quilt – in top centre together *
- Shannan’s Poly cotton Quilt – top made. plus bonus squares for a second quilt (sigh)
- Cross and Chains – top completed, back to be made have material
- Burgundy Star Quilt found at at VV (replace batting & quilt) *
- Posies, in progress *
- Bonnie Hunter Frolic Mystery Quilt, in progress *
- Rainbow scrappy trip around the world quilt, Completed May 23, 2o2o*
- “H” blocks need to figure out layout and how many more to make. *
- Idaho Square Dance Baby Quilt – Completed March 13, 2020 *
- Started Happy Block Quilt – completed June 20, 2020*
- patches quilt top found ages ago – consider giving to guild for outreach.
39. Easy Street(butterflies) – quilt top
40. Suite (aliens) – quilt top
41. Retro Star quilt – completed May 2020
42. Feature your fabric – needs borders.
43. butterflies and four patches – Completed June 2, 2020.
44. Syd’s quilt (blue and grey) – finished and gifted
45. Baby quilt top from Anne with an E auction lot.
46. Scrapbuster quilt in yucky colours.
47. 9″ churn dash blocks.
48. Steps Quilt – Completed June 6, 2020
49. Gathering Quilt – top made (courtesy of Covid19 stress sewing)
51. Hundred Hugs in Blue & Green
51. Smooches Quilt (Hearts) – top complete
52. Zipper quilt -white – quilted April 2020 Completed June 1, 2020
53. Zipper quilt – black – Quilted May 2020
54. Diamond Brights – Completed June 21, 2020.
55. Pean Lap quilt.
56. Charcoal and multi place mats and mug rugs Completed May 30, 2020
57. Take 4 placemats
58. 2 drawstring bags Completed May 23, 2020
7 thoughts on “UFO list and June Goals”
Looks like you do an amazing job keeping track of everything you’re working on! I would definitely put something in time out that you aren’t enjoying. I love those placemats you made – pretty bright scraps against the dark blue!
Good morning! If Frolic is causing you stress it should definitely go in timeout for a bit. As you mentioned, quilting is supposed to be fun not work. I am sew impressed with your extensive list of projects. You really made a dent in it in May, didn’t you?! Here’s to another productive week/month. Thanks for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne
Awesome quilts….they are all beautiful. Your list looks
a lot like mine…but it’s slowly going down. Keep up
the good work…have a great day!
Wow, your May was very productive! You are running some big lists, but reaping some big rewards for your trouble. Frolic will wait for when it is fun again, you have plenty of other choices all organised and ready to go! Your charcoal and multi table wares are very eyecatching, thanks for sharing your lovely quilt at the Chameleon’s Colour & Inspiration Party.
And they all look great! Congratulations on all those finishes!
Impressive list, and beautiful quilts!
Thank you for linking at TGIFF 😉