I just updated my list of WIPs and UFOs. The list is getting crazy long, especially with all my new starts in August and September. However, I was in a mood during that time to cut and piece not to finish and it shows.
However, the last two weekends I’ve been focussing on finishing!
Here is my finally finished Galaxy Quilt designed by Deb Tucker
This was quilted at the local long arm quilt studio using wool batting. It’s so cozy.
There is still so many outstanding quilts to finish. Here is my up-to-date list of UFO’s. Thee UFOs are any project that was started last year or before. Ones with an asterisk were started in 2019. If I put LA beside the name of the quilt means it’s of size that is hard to do on my home machine and I want to quilt it using rental time on the long arm machines. Luckily, there is a quilting studio near me.
- Alletaire – A Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – Blocks need fixing
Marc’s Gradient Quilt in 3 colours – needs fixing then borders – ABANDONED – WILL RESTART OR DO ANOTHER
- Blue 16 patch and Happy Block Quilt – completed October 4, 2020*
- Happy to be Square – completed May 5, 2020 *
- Happy all Day Long – completed May 20, 2020*
- Colour Blocks (“H” Blocks) complete May 14, 2020 *
- Light Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – completed and donated to guild *
- Dark Doggie Quilt Top (VV blocks) – Completed April 2020 *
- Blue and Green “Fourth of July Quilt” – Completed May 30, 2020 *
- Blue & Orange “Fourth of July Quilt” – Completed October 3, 2020*
- Big and Little patch quilt – completed March 13, 2020*
- Broken stripe 9 patch quilt – Completed April 8, 2020*
- Too nice to cut lap quilt – top completed
- Chain Link Quilt – top completed, backing obtained * – needs LA
- Retreat Grey & Colourful Quilt – Completed Sept 27, 2020*
- Stars in the Darkening Sky Done *
- Arizona Crossroads – top complete, backing obtained but used on another quilt. Needs LA
- Rainbow Swirl Quilt – top finished, backing obtained – want to LA
- Purple & Green Galaxy Star –Completed Sept 27, 2020
- Grand Illusion Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt – borders need to be added
- Purple table Runner – completed June 22, 2020
- Peaky and spiky quilt – in progress
- Irish Star Quilt – borders, make bigger?
- Sampler Quilt – completed October 14, 2020
- Whirlygig – top completed? Borders to be added?
- Medallion Quilt for Guild Project – in progress *
- Black & Brights Livejournal block swap, made bigger, top is completed. needs LA
- Scrappy Bonnie Hunter Starstruck Quilt –finished August 6, 2020*
- Shannan’s Poly cotton Quilt – top made. plus bonus squares for a second quilt (sigh)
- Cross and Chains – top completed, back to be made have material
- Burgundy Star Quilt found at at VV (replace batting & quilt) *
- Posies, in progress *
- Bonnie Hunter Frolic Mystery Quilt, in progress *
- Rainbow scrappy trip around the world quilt, Completed May 23, 2o2o*
- “H” blocks need to figure out layout and how many more to make. *
- Idaho Square Dance Baby Quilt – Completed March 13, 2020 *
- Started Happy Block Quilt – completed June 20, 2020*
- patches quilt top found ages ago – consider giving to guild for outreach.
And here are all my new starts. So many of them. I blame being cooped up due to Covid.
- 39. Easy Street(butterflies) – completed July 19, 2020
- 40. Suite (aliens) – completed October 13, 2020
- 41. Retro Star quilt – completed May 2020
- 42. Feature your fabric – needs borders.
- 43. butterflies and four patches – Completed June 2, 2020.
- 44. Syd’s quilt (blue and grey) – finished and gifted
- 45. Baby quilt top from Anne with an E auction lot – Completed Oct 10, 2020
- 46. Scrapbuster quilt in yucky colours. ABANDONED – TOO YUCKY
- 47. 9″ churn dash blocks.
- 48. Steps Quilt – Completed June 6, 2020
- 49. Gathering Quilt – Completed July 26. 2020
- 50. Hundred Hugs in Blue & Green – Completed June 29, 2020
- 51. Smooches Quilt (Hearts) – Completed October 11, 2020
- 52. Zipper quilt -white – quilted April 2020 Completed June 1, 2020
- 53. Zipper quilt – black – Completed July 19, 2020
- 54. Diamond Brights – Completed June 21, 2020.
- 55. Pean Lap quilt. (barely started)
- 56. Charcoal & multi mats & mug rugs Completed May 30, 2020
- 57. Take 4 placemats
- 58. 2 drawstring bags Completed May 23, 2020
- 59. Insanity Quilt Completed June 29, 2020
- 60. Crayon Box Star Quilt – completed July 19, 2020
- 61. Easy Breezy with stars quilt #1 (top)
- 62. Easy Breezy with sashing quilt #2 completed October 3, 2020
- 63. Mellow Yellow (top) completed October 4, 2020
- 64. Floral Fantasy #1 (top)
- 65 Floral Fantasy # 2 (blocks)
- 66. Bear Paw Quilt (blocks)
- 67 Colourful and black checkerboard (top) Completed October 3, 2020
- 68. 16 patch quilt (top)
So as of today I have 18 of the 38 UFO’s I started the year with done and of the 30 projects started in 2020 13 are still outstanding. At least, I’m ahead of where I ended up at the end of 2020 . However, not by much.
My goal in October is to get 3 more quilts finished. Let’s see how I do.
10 thoughts on “Why I shouldn’t start anything new -WIPs and UFOs”
You’re doing great!
I have finished 15 UFOs out of 32.
I have finished 18 new starts. 1 more is cut out. 3 more are planned but not a single cut. 2 of those are Christmas gifts. It’s just October 6….right? 😉
Hi Yvonne! What a gorgeous finish! I am not a huge purple fan, but wowee. I just love how the points go into the first border. So much movement – oooh, I wish I could feel it. I think you are doing great whittling that pre-2020 quilting list down. Only 20 to go, and it looks like some of them just need to be quilted. Good luck on your mission – you can do it! I’m wondering where Galaxy is going to land? Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne
Your Galaxy quilt is gorgeous! I am just getting back into quilting after a 10 year hiatus. If I’m not careful, I’ll have numerous projects started too. Although, I must admit yours is one of the most impressive UGO lists, I’ve ever seen! 😀
That is a beautiful finish! Congrats! And you’re doing well on that list–you can do it!
Um, did I count wrong? It looks to me that you’ve completed 34 projects most of which appear to be quilts. Goodness gracious — that’s 3.5 a month. So, yes, you have a lot of starts but even those you have finished at least half of them. (I skipped the ones that said tops.) I’m impressed. I love your Galaxy quilt and it is inspiring me to get mine out of the to-be-quilted closet and get it done. I did a wall hanging size a few years back. I’ve not completed it because I wanted it to be spectacular when quilted. What I failed to see is the colors and the design make it spectacular. I am going to get that top quilted before the end of the year. (Hopefully.) Kudos for abandoning something you don’t like too.
OH. MY. WORD. That is a LOT of UFOs and WIPs!! But what really jumped out at me is how many you’re actually FINISHING! I am so impressed. Clearly your habits of starts and stops and coming back around to finish later works well for you. I give you permission to start six more projects this month. 🙂
That’s a gorgeous finish! You’ve been super productive, even if there are lots of starts, lol. Good luck finishing more things 🙂
your Galaxy is just beautiful – love that combination of colors. and at least you have lists to keep you going…. right? so you know what you want to choose next?
Beautiful Galaxy quilt!
Long crazy list but then so is mine! Love that Galaxy quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.