Earlier this year I found some 2.5″ squares left over from another project and decided to make another zipper quilt. The first one I made was with a tropical colours and a white background.
I changed up the second one. While it was still scrappy, I chose to do with only five colours, yellow, orange, turquoise, pink and green and I built it in columns. It looks so different than the first one, at least to me.
I see the zipper more clearly in this one than I do in the first one I made.
This crib sized quilt has been quilted for someone but only got bound this weekend after my bolt of Northcott Colorworks black fabric was delivered last week after about two moths of delays (thanks COVID). I had totally run out and needed it for the binding.
The backing is a piece of material I’ve had in my stash for a long time – more than a decade. I was glad to find a good home for it on the back of this quilt. I’m not thrilled about how the black binding looks on the back – a bit to stark in my opinion but it’s done and done is better than perfect!