I wanted to sew something bright and cheerful and straight forward.
So I found a bright fat quarter from my stash that I am almost certain I picked up from the guild’s scrap box. Then I searched my scraps and stash for the colours in the print on that fat quarter. I found pretty good matches for nearly all the colours and as none of the colours directly touch the ones that are off a tiny bit aren’t noticeable anyway.
Then to Pinterest to find a pattern. I found what I was looking for in the Missouri Star Zipper Quilt pattern. Well sort of – this is a variation on that pattern It did me give me the size of the blocks and off I went to the cutting table and then to the sewing machine. I sewed until I had a goodly number of pieces (I could count but that would take away my fun). Then I started laying them out on the spare bed working at “artful” rather than true random. And of course back to the sewing machine to make a few more.
A bit heavy on the yellow and greens and I could have done a bit better with the “artful” random but I had got to that point when if I moved one block to solve a “random” problem I created two more. To me that’s always a sign to stop.
I’m now at the do I border or don’t I border stage. I don’t have any more of the print and and it easily could be quite a few years old (and there was no selvage on it to get information from). Many of the fabrics in the quilt are scraps and I can’t see doing a piano key border on this as I think that would be much too busy. The dark green in the quilt might be an option as I do have more of that. A narrow white and a wider dark green could definitely work. I’ll ponder that for a bit.