“Let’s put it together” was the theme of my Saturday. I put together two quilt tops. The blocks were made for both of them, they just needed sewing together. I like sewing blocks, however, for some reason, I’m not as fond of sewing rows, and even less fond of sewing finished rows together. I keep trying to tell myself I’m just making a bigger block but I haven’t yet quite convinced myself of that.
This was the first quilt top. It’s a free Bonnie Hunter Pattern called Star Struck
I’m going to be adding a border to this. I’m leaning to just adding a black border to let the bright stars shine but part of me wants to do a fancier pieced border. While I debate with myself about this it’s going to stay at this stage of completion for just a little bit longer.
The second quilt I put together was also based on a Bonnie Hunter pattern, this one called Scrappy Trips but done in a more controlled colourway than the original pattern. While my blocks are scrappy in terms of material choice, the colour order is the same in each block:
This one is not going to have a border and will be quilted and then finished off either with blue, green or purple binding.
I think it’s time for me to seriously think about doing some quilting of all these tops I have piling up.